Today I’m going to share about changing your iPhone icons without jailbreaking. I am one of those people who refuse to jailbreak their phones because I just fear the possibility of screwing up my phone and so therefore, I had to live with a boring and dull phone with default icons. BUT my sister introduced me to this last week and.. Hehe, here’s how my iPhone’s homescreen look like now! Chio or not?
1) Go to App Store and search for “Cocoppa”. This is the app that enables you to have cute and pretty icons on your dull iPhone! Install it!
3) My favourite page is the New Icons page because I always chance upon superrr pretty tumblr illustrations that are quite different from the normal cutesy icons you see on the Popular Icons page. So just be patient and keep scrolling!
4) Click on your chosen icon, select “Set up link”.
5) I decided that I want this icon as Google Maps. So search the app name and it will appear below. Works for MOST apps that I have on my phone including photo editing apps. I realised local apps such as KISS 92 cannot be found.
6) After you have selected your desired app, Safari will be launched and you will have to click the shortcut button on Safari (See the black area below) and select: “Add to Homescreen”
7) Name your app! If you don’t want it to be called Google Maps, you just want it to be called Maps then just key whatever you want inside.
8) FINALLY DONE!! YOU CAN HAZ A CHIO IPHONE HOMESCREEN NOW! *clap clap*
Unfortunately, you won’t be able to change the default iPhone Apps because… it’s just not possible lol. That explains my boring Phone and Mail app icons above.
You can however, assign an icon to call or text a particular person. For e.g. I frequently call Roy so I have an icon just for him, there the rabbit at the bottom. If I click it, the phone will automatically call Roy. Heh. This is how you go about doing it:
1. Choose your icon, and click set-up link. I chose the cat because this is intended for texting Hanisa and she used to have a cat.
2. Select Message.
3. Choose the function. (This is supposed to be message but idk why it showed phone call.)
4. They will ask you to enter the phone number of whoever you want to text or call. You may select from your address book.
5. Then the same thing over again, add to homescreen on Safari, and you are done!!
I understand this may be tedious but the results are worth it, you get a freaking pretty iPhone homescreen! I think I like staring at my phone more now lol. The icons look much better than the blue and green ones.
Also, you can choose your background from the app and download them directly into your phone. And then select them as wallpaper for your homescreen. That’s what I did to mine.
And this Cocoppa app does not launch your app directly. What it does is to simply create a shortcut that LINKS to the app you already have in your phone. So if you were to delete any of your apps which you have created a shortcut for, then the shortcut will no longer work because the app does not exist anymore. It might be a bit irritating because whenever you click on the shortcut, it will link to Cocoppa first then the intended app opens.
AIYA but this makes my phone pretty so I’m totally fine with all the hindrance. Think I spent 5 hours last week doing this LOL. Go prettify your phones now if you don’t mind all the trouble!! 😀
Adding in some wallpapers I got from Cocoppa for people who have requested: