There are always days when you feel like life isn’t treating you so well and you feel like WHY IS THE WHOLE WORLD AGAINST ME.. I know, I feel that all the time too. Then I’ll make myself feel better by listing out all the things that make me feel lucky. I should be. I am lucky, and here are some reasons why:
1) I am lucky because I am loved by everyone I love.
2) I am lucky because all of my loved ones are healthy and happy.
3) I am lucky because I have a roof over my head and I have food on my plate every meal, everyday.
4) I am lucky because Roy loves me so so so much, and I just want to grow old with him forever.
5) I am lucky because I have shoes to wear when I go out. And clothes too, although they’re not the nicest or most trendy ones. It’s okay!
6) I am lucky because I was given the chance (or in actual fact, many chances) to study and be well-educated.
7) I am lucky because my dog greets lovingly me each time I come home every evening from work.
8) I am lucky because I don’t have to squeeze on the train to work every morning.
9) I am lucky because I can access the Internet whenever I need to, and check out the latest happenings in my friends’ lives.
10) I am lucky to be alive, breathing and living this very moment.
There are just too many things I should feel lucky and happy about. It’s all the small things that matter, not the big things. I know sometimes people tend to admire others who have a better life than them. I do too! I envy people who get to eat nice brunch everyday because I can’t afford them. I envy girls with the nicest luxury bags. I envy friends who get to travel every now and then. It’s okay to envy, but it’s not okay to feel unhappy about yourself because you don’t have what others do. There are definitely some things about you that people feel envious about, just that you might not know!
Take a deep breath, look around, and think.. You are lucky, right?